Based in London and writing for a global audience our aim is to produce EliteFootballTalk. Enjoy the site and feel welcome to join in our discussion on the beautiful game.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

EFT Scorecast Weekend 8

Welcome again to the weekly feature on EFT where the team here put their prediction accuracy skills to the test by trying to forecast the scores of the weekend round of Premier League matches.

3 points is awarded for a correct score (e.g. 3-1). 1 point is awarded for a correct result (correct positive result or a draw).

The updated Scorecast points table is in the EFT sidebar. Abdul is still running strong in first place but has been unable to get his predictions in by the deadline so its second placed Skipper's predictions up first:

Skipper:
Chelsea v Bolton, 2-0
Liverpool v Blackburn, 3-0
Middlesbrough v Hull, 2-1
Portsmouth v West Brom, 2-0
Stoke v Newcastle, 2-0
Sunderland v Man Utd, 1-1
Tottenham v West Ham, 2-1
Wigan v Arsenal, 1-2
Aston Villa v Everton, 2-1
Man City v Fulham, 2-1

T:
Chelsea v Bolton, 1-0
Liverpool v Blackburn, 2-1
Middlesbrough v Hull, 1-1
Portsmouth v West Brom, 1-1
Stoke v Newcastle, 1-1
Sunderland v Man Utd, 0-3
Tottenham v West Ham, 1-1
Wigan v Arsenal, 1-1
Aston Villa v Everton, 1-1
Man City v Fulham, 2-1

SKG:
Chelsea 3-0 Bolton,
Liverpool 1-0 Blackburn,
Middlesbrough 2-1 Hull,
Portsmouth 2-0 West Brom,
Stoke 2-2 Newcastle,
Sunderland 0-2 Man Utd,
Tottenham 3-2 West Ham,
Wigan 0-3 Arsenal,
Aston Villa 2-1 Everton,
Man City 3-1 Fulham,

Redsman:
Liv v B'Burn 3-1
Stoke v Newcastle 1-1
Boro v Hull 1-2
Chelsea v Bolton 1-1
P'mouth v West Brom 2-0
S'land v Man Utd 2-1
Tottenham v West Ham 2-1
Wigan v Arsenal 0-3
Aston Villa v Everton 2-1
Man City v Fulham 2-2

2 Comments:

Anonymous GunnerPete said...

Hi all....your forecasting game is fun and its something my brother in Australia ( a Gunner) suggested we do by email in 2002....Every season we ( seven of us) go through the whole season and the results show a remarkable consistancy of individual emotional reaction ie; I start every year badly because I cannot forecast with my head until made to by actual results. My heart lets me down. I will keep giving AFC a chance when I know they will not win and then forecasting an away draw when deep down logic tells me we will win). After seeing the teams above forecasts I see most of you do exactly the same....'T' you forecasted (like me) a 1-1 draw at Wigan and I bet you forecasted a 1-0 win last night?

I will be very interested in seeing your group forecasts for the next 2 weeks !

4/16/2009 9:44 am

 
Blogger T said...

Thanks Gunnerpete - yes the heart does rule the head on occasion with this game!

Must make an admission with my Arsenal scorecast predictions - my younger brother doesn't like the idea of me jinxing the team by stating a victory - so out of respect to this I have customarily gone for a draw. Last night, amazingly enough for me because I too prefer not to tempt fate on the Arsenal - I was asked by a friend just before the game what the score would be and I broke convention by suggesting the possibility that Arsenal might do to Villarreal what we did to Sevilla in the Champs League at home last season, i.e. a 3-0 home win.

If only every prediction of this optimistic nature came true!

4/16/2009 11:03 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Locations of visitors to this page