Based in London and writing for a global audience our aim is to produce EliteFootballTalk. Enjoy the site and feel welcome to join in our discussion on the beautiful game.

Friday, December 07, 2007

English Premiership Predictions: Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea (Skipper covers all your premiership clubs)

Last week I predicted 6 accurate results and one prefect score. This is not bad for my debut. There are some crucial matches taking place this weekend once again. Here is how I think the matches will pan out:

Aston Villa v Portsmouth

Villa will look to bounce back after their home defeat to the Gunners. This will be a very close game.

Skipper Predicts: 2-1


Chelsea v Sunderland

Sunderland have put in some solid performances away from home without any real end result. I think much of the same will follow at the Bridge.

Skipper Predicts: 2-0


Everton v Fulham


Everton are on a terrific run at the moment. Fulham have struggled to be consistent over 90 minutes but I have a feeling that they will get a result against Everton.

Skipper Predicts: 1-1


Man U v Derby

Will Manu U do to Derby what Liverpool and Arsenal did? I can’t imagine any side being managed by Paul Jewell taking that kind of hammering again, but United will be far too strong for Derby.

Skipper Predicts: 3-0

Newcastle v Birmingham

Newcastle will be buoyed by their result against Arsenal. Birmingham were fortuitous to get a result against Spurs. This will be a comfortable home win.

Skipper Predicts: 3-0

Reading v Liverpool

The reds are on a great run. They have had a week off to prepare for this game. Rafa will no doubt make several changes with the Marseille game in mind. He is however not rotating the spine of the team, which is good in my view. I also like the way Liverpool attack teams on the counter away from home. They will do the same at Reading.

Skipper Predicts: 0-2

Middlesbrough v Arsenal

This will be the 3rd away game on the trot for the Gunners. They are without a lot of key players. Borough traditionally do well against the big teams at home. I think this will end in a stalemate.

Skipper Predicts: 2-2


Bolton v Wigan


Bolton will want a reaction to their capitulation at Anfield. I think they will react well.

Skipper Predicts: 2-1


Tottenham v Man City


I watched Spurs last week and thought that they were really unlucky against Birmingham. I think the home side will sneak this one.

Skipper Predicts: 2-1

Blackburn v West Ham

Blackburn at home are very difficult to beat. They reacted well after the defeat to Villa. I think they will continue their good form.

Skipper Predicts: 2-0

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you should try the angrygrandfather.com
they have a predictions game

12/07/2007 12:50 pm

 
Blogger Abdul said...

Skipper, if your predictions turn out to be correct, its going to get even tighter at the top. We shall see!

12/07/2007 2:17 pm

 
Blogger T said...

I like this feature Skipper - and your predictions look solid aside from I think you are tough on Birmingham - I think it will be closer than 3-0.

Let me put my neck out and say that McCleish's men will get a draw!

12/07/2007 3:23 pm

 
Blogger SKG said...

some bold predictions skipper! I have a sneaky feeling about the boro/arsenal game . . .

12/07/2007 5:58 pm

 
Blogger RedsMan said...

I agree that they are bold predictions. You never know what canhappen in football.


RedsMan.

12/08/2007 11:39 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Locations of visitors to this page